Corey Costanzo is the Co-Owner of Asheville’s Still Point Wellness Spa, a licensed addiction counselor, trauma specialist, master didgeridoo player, colleague, and good friend.
In this episode, Corey and I have a conversation about Shame. Shame involves an internalized feeling of being exposed and humiliated. Shame is different from guilt. Shame is a feeling of badness about the self. Hidden shame often drives self-destructive behaviors and other psychological symptoms such as rage, avoidance, or addictions. We discuss different ways of changing destructive behaviors which requires trying out new, affirming behaviors to replace them.
“Shame makes people want to hide and disappear, reinforcing shame”. - Corey Costanzo
Connect with Corey Costanzo:
- Still Point Wellness
- Still Point Wellness on Instagram
- Still Point Wellness on Facebook
- Still Point Wellness on Pinterest
- Corey Costanzo on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s Talk About It!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Relationships! Let’s Talk About It - the show to help you forge deeper, more meaningful connections and relationships with those around you. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us a rating and review.
Check out our Guided Audio Practices and Meditations at Relationships! Let’s Learn About It.
You can check out the original songs I have sung in my podcast at Pripo’s Podcast Songs.
And if our content has helped you forge deeper connections and more meaningful relationships, be sure to help support the show by visiting our Support the Podcast page!
Theme music “These Streets” provided by Adi the Monk
199. The impact of Trauma on RelationshipsCorey Costanzo is the Co-Owner of Asheville’s Still Point Wellness Spa, a licens
198. Heartshare: How Practicing Humility Helps Your RelationshipsIn this solocast I talk about humility and being humble. To be humble or practic
197. Using Intuition in RelationshipsFor nearly three decades, spanning six continents- Charley Castex has paired his
196. HeartShare: Micromanaging in RelationshipsIn this solocast I talk about micromanaging. Micromanaging in a relationship is